Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
Brittini + Christina
Orientation: Lesbian; Lesbian
Pronouns: She/Hers; She/Hers
Wedding location: Gulfport, MS
Brittini and Christina’s October wedding took place in a beautiful wedding barn and had a combined rustic and modern vibe. The decor included lanterns, roses, candles, Eucalyptus, baby’s breath, and wood pieces, as well as lace and chiffon drapery.
For a touch of Pride, they also released rainbow smoke bombs with their wedding party, which made for some pretty incredible photos.
About a year and a half earlier, Christina proposed to Brittini at her college graduation party through a slideshow. Brittini later proposed to Christina over lunch with a letter.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Enjoy being engaged and planning the wedding together. Do all the fun engagement things. Also do not let anyone make you do something you don’t want to do or have at your wedding.
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
As an LGBTQ+ couple, we were very upfront with vendors about it being an LGBTQ+ wedding. We ran into no issues with our vendors. All were very nice about everything.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We didn’t have really any challenges besides having to be upfront with vendors about being a lesbian couple. We wish we wouldn’t of had to say that, as straight couples do not. We did however want our money to go to LGBTQ+-friendly vendors.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We were surprised by how excited a lot of people were, including our vendors. We expected maybe some push back, negativity, or being turned away, especially since we live in the south, but our process was pretty good.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: MBM Photography
Venue: The Venue at Southern Oaks
DJ: Vince Womack
Jewelry: Kay Jewelers
Videographer: Cinemattic Moments
Catering Company: Catering By Wildflower
Cake: Cheeky Monkey
Wedding Signs: Happy Home Designs LLC
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, lesbian wedding, lesbian love
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples