The pièce de résistance of the reception is simple: the wedding cake. Everyone will be ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the beautiful fondant, tasty strawberry filling or the spongy, marbled cake. But let’s be real—everyone won’t be satisfied. An aunt will happen to be allergic to vanilla or those distant cousins will be unnaturally picky. To accommodate the persnickety eaters of your guest list, try having a cake fondue as a delicious dessert alternative.
What is cake fondue? The best self-tailored cake option ever.
Have a bowl or display of plain, regular-sized or mini cupcakes. Of course, icing will be needed to dip the cupcakes in—what is fondue without dipping? Then comes the toppings. Lots and lots of toppings. Sprinkles, chocolate chips, mini candy, fruit, nuts, chocolate sauce … the list goes on. This simple dish will be sure to satisfy everyone at the party.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Chile becomes the 31st country to legalize marriage equality
- Thai activists continue to fight for marriage equality after court rules against it
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn