Signature Cocktail: Amberjack a Perfect Choice for Fall Weddings
Kirsten Ott Palladino, 7 years ago 1 min read
The Amberjack cocktail represents handsome masculinity with its use of Scotch-based maple flavor liquor and Lambic, a Belgium-style beer, and refreshing loveliness with a thinly sliced apple to accentuate the taste as well as pretty up the presentation. We love it for fall weddings, parties and Thanksgiving!
- 1 ounce apple vodka
- 1/2 ounce Macallan Amber (Scotch-based maple-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 ounce Calvados
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces chilled apple lambic
- 1 thin green apple slice
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Macallan Amber, Calvados and lime juice; shake well. Strain into a chilled martini glass, stir in the lambic and garnish with the apple slice.
Photo: Wendell T. Webber
Courtesy of Food & Wine
Kirsten Ott Palladino
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor, writer, speaker and educator, as well as the author of the first gender-neutral wedding planning book for LGBTQ+ couples, EQUALLY WED: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO PLANNING YOUR LGBTQ+ WEDDING (Seal Press). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ+ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN, NPR and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Washington Post, Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms