Southern Family Farm Engagement Session with Whiskey, Roosters and Goats
Josh and Matt are a darling southern couple who share a fondness for some good whiskey! The handsome couple found a family farm in North Carolina to celebrate their love together, especially since it was near where they first met. We adore the sweetness of the grooms-to-be, and now we’re curious if they’ll incorporate the fun-loving goats, roosters and great Pyrenees into their wedding theme!
THE ENGAGEMENT STORY
When Matt knew Josh was the one for him, he bought matching Claddagh bands, and started planning the proposal. It was Valentine’s Day, and they had reservations at this delicious little spot that they had their eyes on for awhile. Matt had some connections, and secretly slipped the rings off to the staff. After they’d had dinner, a dessert platter was brought out. Josh noticed something different though: A cute little bag was sitting there, and he assumed it was just a Valentine’s Day special, like maybe some chocolates or something. As the waitress began telling them what each dessert was, she stopped when she got to the bag, and asked Josh to help her figure out what that one was. Josh looked up to see Matt smiling from ear to ear across from him, and he instantly knew.
“Will you marry me?” Matt asked.
Josh said absolutely, and the whole restaurant erupted in applause and cheers!
Photographer and storyteller: Casey Hendrickson Photography
Equally Wed Editors
We eat, breathe, sleep LGBTQ weddings. Sparkles, bronze chargers, Italian honeymoons, destination weddings in Maui, fire dancers, custom suits, family issues, drag queens or string quartet, what pound of card stock are you using, plum or lavender ... talk weddings to us, baby.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding