Spring restaurant wedding in Canada with Jewish traditions
For their May wedding near Vancouver, Canada, Dana and Lia loved the indoor/outdoor feel of the beautiful Hart House Restaurant. Their day involved many special Jewish traditions, including a Ketubah signing and a boisterous Hora dance party.
Breaking the glass is another time-honored Jewish tradition. Historically in straight marriages, the groom is the one to stomp on the glass, though couples of all sexualities have begun modernizing the tradition. Dana and Lia opted to each break a glass as they committed to one another.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Wink Photography
Venue: Hart House Restaurant
Makeup Artist: Rose Quartz Beauty
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights