Sparkling oceanside Cancun wedding
Mayra and Janeth describe their Cancun wedding as “full of magic, love and Mayan blessings” surrounded by “nature and beach vibes at the beautiful Mexican Caribbean.”
Each of their mothers walked them down the aisle, and they said “I do” beside the ocean.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
You must be confident and united in the face of adversity. In the end the most important thing is love. Always be true to your feelings.
What advice do you have for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Listen to your clients and make them feel as comfortable as possible.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
A lot of stress, because it was a destination wedding.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The support of the people, always with us. It was beautiful!!
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Bruno Rezza
Venue: Palladium Weddings
Florist: Palladium Weddings
Caterer: Palladium Weddings
Cake: Palladium Weddings
Officiant Company: Palladium Weddings
Planner: Yesica Loya and Cristina Meilan
Jewelry: Bvlgari (rings); Otalora Rohana (headdresses)
Attendant Attire: Monique Novias
Videographer: Bruno Rezza
Drinks: Mezcal La Sombra
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds