Stone Cold Steve Austin Supports Marriage Equality
In a NSFW podcast (so listen with your headphones on!), wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin slams opponents of marriage equality.
Although he made the statement nearly a year ago, the internet is currently buzzing with the fact that wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin is a huge supporter of marriage equality! While making a few NSFW comments (read: swearing, so listen with your headphones on if you’re at the office), he advocates for same-sex marriage by stating, in less proper terms, that the churches’ opposition to gay marriage rubs him the wrong way and that he supports equality.
Austin took a jab at opponents of marriage equality and made quite the statement. While we won’t repeat some of his choice words here, you can listen for yourself … and we’ll sum it up!
In a nutshell (and in true WWE fashion), Austin body-slams opponents of marriage equality.
“I’m for same-sex marriage,” Austin stated in his podcast. “…two guys, two gals, guy-gal—whatever it is—I believe that any human being in America, or any human being in the … world, that wants to be married … If it’s the same-sex, more power to them.”
He continues, “Any human being in America … who wants to be married … more power to them.”
Darren Young, another WWE star, came out as gay last year. Austin was (and is) supportive of Young. “WWE is proud of Darren Young for being open about his sexuality,” he stated, “and we will continue to support him as a WWE Superstar.”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding