Stunning Rainbow Fashion Looks for Your (Gay!) Wedding
By Alyssandra Barnes
If you haven’t noticed, rainbow is the new white. Brides and grooms everywhere (both same-sex and straight) are beginning to incorporate the colorful theme into their wedding decor. Maybe it’s indecision or maybe it’s pride, but hues of the seven colors are being seen in everything from wedding cakes to party favors.
Bridal fashion is also changing to show off pastel and bold rainbows. Whether it’s the wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses, grooms’ suspenders or shoes, this colorful trend has a place in all weddings.
Lazaro wedding gown
The subtly colored tulles, underneath the dress, show a splash of color while still including the traditionally elegant white gown.
via Bridal Musings
The bridesmaid party can wear alternating dress colors to give a full rainbow look. The matching bridal bouquets of different colors are also a cute rainbow interpretation.
For the trendy gents or butch brides, try alternating suspender colors like these groomsmen. Check out their shoes, too—perfection!
For a shoe that is more rainbow-inclusive, consider adding sparkle. On flats or heels, the look really pops.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing