Stunning Rainbow Fashion Looks for Your (Gay!) Wedding
By Alyssandra Barnes
If you haven’t noticed, rainbow is the new white. Brides and grooms everywhere (both same-sex and straight) are beginning to incorporate the colorful theme into their wedding decor. Maybe it’s indecision or maybe it’s pride, but hues of the seven colors are being seen in everything from wedding cakes to party favors.
Bridal fashion is also changing to show off pastel and bold rainbows. Whether it’s the wedding gown, bridesmaid dresses, grooms’ suspenders or shoes, this colorful trend has a place in all weddings.
Lazaro wedding gown
The subtly colored tulles, underneath the dress, show a splash of color while still including the traditionally elegant white gown.
via Bridal Musings
The bridesmaid party can wear alternating dress colors to give a full rainbow look. The matching bridal bouquets of different colors are also a cute rainbow interpretation.
For the trendy gents or butch brides, try alternating suspender colors like these groomsmen. Check out their shoes, too—perfection!
For a shoe that is more rainbow-inclusive, consider adding sparkle. On flats or heels, the look really pops.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel
- Fun, moody beach couple photos in San Francisco, California