By Ryan Roschke
Last time on SSS, we showed you how to how to build a reasonably priced wedding look from JCPenney. Well, this month we’re going to tackle a well-renowned favorite, and just in time for Black Friday! Here’s a budget-friendly look from Target that’s sure to turn heads.
Differing from last month’s gray suit option, we thought we’d go for a little mixing and matching this time around. As a foundation, we’re going to start with the navy Merona Kensington casual blazer (quite the mouthful, but also quite the deal), paired with the brown Merona herringbone pants. Keep in mind that matching colors in suit separates isn’t always necessary. Black/gray and navy/silver also make great combos.
To keep the color palette from going too blue, we’re going to add in a white tailored fit oxford and a navy bow tie. Since our pants are already brown, we’re going to steer clear of brown shoes/a brown belt (even in spite of the navy), and opt for some really fun alternatives. Check out the Mossimo Ventura oxford shoes that feature a gorgeous blue with brown trim. And instead of a brown belt, why not hold up your pants with fashion-forward navy suspenders from Dickies?
And for the icing on the cake, you can really hit a home run with plaid Merona socks. Or, you know, you can get some solid ones too if you’re feeling a little conservative.
GET THE LOOK
Editorial disclaimer: Though we do enjoy an advertising relationship with Target, this article is strictly editorial. Whenever we do offer advertiser-sponsored articles, you’ll be well aware with an alert at the top naming it as a Sponsored Post.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle