Summer Vineyard Wedding Incorporates Marriage Equality Ruling
Gloria and Maggie‘s vineyard wedding celebration at Sweet Cheeks Winery in Eugene, Oregon, was a true celebration! They got married on a glorious summer day in July soon after the Supreme Court ruling for marriage equality nationwide, so the two brides incorporated that historical change in their vows. Everything was amazing about their big day, but the energy was heightened due to the excitement for equal love. Gloria did her own makeup along with Maggie‘s. The couple got ready together, preferring to share that special time as a couple.
One element we were especially sweet on about this wedding is that all the guests were asked to bring cookies to honor Maggie‘s home city of Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh Cookie Exchange is a major event and tradition for those in Pittsburgh during the holidays. The couple decided to incorporate this fun tradition for their wedding sweets. Yum!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Ceremony and Reception Location: Sweet Cheeks Winery
Attire: Gloria‘s pantsuit / David’s Bridal; Maggie’s dress / Lena Medoyeff
Food: Market of Choice
Music: DJ- DJ Dan Mo Funk
Photography: Jessica Hill
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study