Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
Carly + Zikeiya
Wedding Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Carly and Zikeiya’s sunny and romantic elopement took place on the state house grounds in Columbia, South Carolina.
Zikeiya wore a chic white suit and gold rimmed glasses, and Carly wore a short white dress with a deep open back, along with a beautiful crown. In place of a bouquet, Carly made a powerful statement with a beige purse that said “End Systemic Racism” in gold lettering.
The couple’s families also joined them for the emotional ceremony. Afterward, they celebrated with an intimate dinner in a room at the historic 1208 Washington Place. The room was decorated with candles, pampas grass, and golden silverware, as well as a neon sign celebrating the couple’s newly shared last name.
“I knew I was in love with her when my mindset changed on relationships and life views,” Zikeiya said of Carly. “She made me want to strive to better myself and believed in me along the way.”
Carly added, “She has such an open mind and is curious. She has such a thirst for life and never lets the struggles and hurdles of everyday life keep her down. She is accepting and loving.”
The couple is excited to teach their future children what love is all about.
“To us marriage isn’t 50/50,” they said. “Some days all you may have to offer is 30 and your partner may have to carry the 70. We want our future kids to know that that is okay and that is what you should be looking for in a loved one.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Jessica Hunt Photography
Reception Venue: 1208 Washington Place
Caterer: Hudson’s Classic Catering
Bakery: Bakers Sweets
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ elopement, cut out dress, crown, South Carolina wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC