Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
Carly + Zikeiya
Wedding Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Carly and Zikeiya’s sunny and romantic elopement took place on the state house grounds in Columbia, South Carolina.
Zikeiya wore a chic white suit and gold rimmed glasses, and Carly wore a short white dress with a deep open back, along with a beautiful crown. In place of a bouquet, Carly made a powerful statement with a beige purse that said “End Systemic Racism” in gold lettering.
The couple’s families also joined them for the emotional ceremony. Afterward, they celebrated with an intimate dinner in a room at the historic 1208 Washington Place. The room was decorated with candles, pampas grass, and golden silverware, as well as a neon sign celebrating the couple’s newly shared last name.
“I knew I was in love with her when my mindset changed on relationships and life views,” Zikeiya said of Carly. “She made me want to strive to better myself and believed in me along the way.”
Carly added, “She has such an open mind and is curious. She has such a thirst for life and never lets the struggles and hurdles of everyday life keep her down. She is accepting and loving.”
The couple is excited to teach their future children what love is all about.
“To us marriage isn’t 50/50,” they said. “Some days all you may have to offer is 30 and your partner may have to carry the 70. We want our future kids to know that that is okay and that is what you should be looking for in a loved one.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Jessica Hunt Photography
Reception Venue: 1208 Washington Place
Caterer: Hudson’s Classic Catering
Bakery: Bakers Sweets
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ elopement, cut out dress, crown, South Carolina wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings