Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
Carly + Zikeiya
Wedding Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Carly and Zikeiya’s sunny and romantic elopement took place on the state house grounds in Columbia, South Carolina.
Zikeiya wore a chic white suit and gold rimmed glasses, and Carly wore a short white dress with a deep open back, along with a beautiful crown. In place of a bouquet, Carly made a powerful statement with a beige purse that said “End Systemic Racism” in gold lettering.
The couple’s families also joined them for the emotional ceremony. Afterward, they celebrated with an intimate dinner in a room at the historic 1208 Washington Place. The room was decorated with candles, pampas grass, and golden silverware, as well as a neon sign celebrating the couple’s newly shared last name.
“I knew I was in love with her when my mindset changed on relationships and life views,” Zikeiya said of Carly. “She made me want to strive to better myself and believed in me along the way.”
Carly added, “She has such an open mind and is curious. She has such a thirst for life and never lets the struggles and hurdles of everyday life keep her down. She is accepting and loving.”
The couple is excited to teach their future children what love is all about.
“To us marriage isn’t 50/50,” they said. “Some days all you may have to offer is 30 and your partner may have to carry the 70. We want our future kids to know that that is okay and that is what you should be looking for in a loved one.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Jessica Hunt Photography
Reception Venue: 1208 Washington Place
Caterer: Hudson’s Classic Catering
Bakery: Bakers Sweets
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ elopement, cut out dress, crown, South Carolina wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget