Sunset camping trip proposal at California’s Shasta Lake
Before visiting Katie’s parents during the pandemic, Megan and Katie decided to make an adventure out of their two week quarantine. They packed up their two dogs and took off on a camping trip at California’s Shasta Lake. Little did Katie know, it was the spot where Megan would propose.
“For the first couple of hours Megan was doing things that were so unlike her in order to prepare for the proposal,” Katie writes. “When we arrived at our campsite, it was 85 degrees and we set up camp a bit. The first thing I wanted to do was hike around with the dogs and then jump in the lake. Normally, Megan would want to do those things too, but she didn’t, knowing she had hired a photographer for when she proposed…The next hour was spent with me swimming with my dogs and her watching us and acting antsy, as she wanted to go back and set up camp. We then get back to camp and the first thing she does is sit down and paint her nails.”
Megan then suggested the couple take a walk, but insisted Katie change into a cuter outfit first.
“She insisted and said that she just wanted to take a cute picture of us together on the first night of our adventure…Little did I know she was trying to get me prepared for the proposal pictures and thank goodness I listened and wasn’t wearing my water shoes and my horribly clashing outfit!!”
As the sun was setting, Megan got down on one knee.
“I was speechless and so excited!” Katie says. “Immediately EVERYTHING MADE SENSE! As soon as I said ‘yes,’ Megan pointed out that the photographer was taking photos and to smile, and I was shocked again!”
The couple popped champagne, cooked burgers, and spent the rest of the night around the campfire.
“Everything was absolutely perfect,” Katie says.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: JCobb Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall