Sunset camping trip proposal at California’s Shasta Lake
Before visiting Katie’s parents during the pandemic, Megan and Katie decided to make an adventure out of their two week quarantine. They packed up their two dogs and took off on a camping trip at California’s Shasta Lake. Little did Katie know, it was the spot where Megan would propose.
“For the first couple of hours Megan was doing things that were so unlike her in order to prepare for the proposal,” Katie writes. “When we arrived at our campsite, it was 85 degrees and we set up camp a bit. The first thing I wanted to do was hike around with the dogs and then jump in the lake. Normally, Megan would want to do those things too, but she didn’t, knowing she had hired a photographer for when she proposed…The next hour was spent with me swimming with my dogs and her watching us and acting antsy, as she wanted to go back and set up camp. We then get back to camp and the first thing she does is sit down and paint her nails.”
Megan then suggested the couple take a walk, but insisted Katie change into a cuter outfit first.
“She insisted and said that she just wanted to take a cute picture of us together on the first night of our adventure…Little did I know she was trying to get me prepared for the proposal pictures and thank goodness I listened and wasn’t wearing my water shoes and my horribly clashing outfit!!”
As the sun was setting, Megan got down on one knee.
“I was speechless and so excited!” Katie says. “Immediately EVERYTHING MADE SENSE! As soon as I said ‘yes,’ Megan pointed out that the photographer was taking photos and to smile, and I was shocked again!”
The couple popped champagne, cooked burgers, and spent the rest of the night around the campfire.
“Everything was absolutely perfect,” Katie says.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: JCobb Photography
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms
- This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic
Thanks for sharing Niranjan