Dan and Jacob are two of the sweetest, kind-hearted people on the planet. Dan is quick-witted and has a killer sense of design, and Jacob is a gentle soul who would literally give you the shirt off his back. They make the most amazing couple, balancing each other out in the most perfect way. I asked Dan and Jacob to model for me on a whim, and they agreed. We were so excited to plan a fun day out, as these two had never had professional photographs before.
A few weeks before the session, Jacob reached out to me asking if he could use this opportunity to propose to Dan. I responded with an obvious yes!
Jacob had the perfect location in mind. On a past trip to Longwood Gardens, Dan told Jacob how he’d love to get married there some day. Since they don’t allow weddings there, it was the perfect place to pop the question.
We started the session by roaming the gardens and having an absolute blast. The weather was chilly and windy, so after an hour of adorable snuggles, we decided to head inside the greenhouses, where Dan’s friends and family awaited him. As soon as he saw them he knew this was not just a photo shoot, and the tears started pouring.
Jacob got down on one knee and obviously, Dan said yes. We ended the evening with lots of hugs, more snuggles, and some bubbly courtesy of The Sentimental Fools. —from the photographer, Chesapeake Charm Photography
Photographer: Chesapeake Charm Photography
Design and Decor: The Sentimental Fools
Reception Venue: Longwood Gardens
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank