Dan and Jacob are two of the sweetest, kind-hearted people on the planet. Dan is quick-witted and has a killer sense of design, and Jacob is a gentle soul who would literally give you the shirt off his back. They make the most amazing couple, balancing each other out in the most perfect way. I asked Dan and Jacob to model for me on a whim, and they agreed. We were so excited to plan a fun day out, as these two had never had professional photographs before.
A few weeks before the session, Jacob reached out to me asking if he could use this opportunity to propose to Dan. I responded with an obvious yes!
Jacob had the perfect location in mind. On a past trip to Longwood Gardens, Dan told Jacob how he’d love to get married there some day. Since they don’t allow weddings there, it was the perfect place to pop the question.
We started the session by roaming the gardens and having an absolute blast. The weather was chilly and windy, so after an hour of adorable snuggles, we decided to head inside the greenhouses, where Dan’s friends and family awaited him. As soon as he saw them he knew this was not just a photo shoot, and the tears started pouring.
Jacob got down on one knee and obviously, Dan said yes. We ended the evening with lots of hugs, more snuggles, and some bubbly courtesy of The Sentimental Fools. —from the photographer, Chesapeake Charm Photography
Photographer: Chesapeake Charm Photography
Design and Decor: The Sentimental Fools
Reception Venue: Longwood Gardens
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas