How wedding vendors can best support LGBTQ+ clients
The wedding planning process can be stressful for LGBTQ+ clients—we have to deal with the continual process and potential trauma of coming out to our prospective wedding vendors on top of actually planning a wedding. To make it easier on LGBTQ+ clients, here are a few things all wedding vendors should be doing.
One of the biggest mistakes wedding photographers make
Wedding vendors—particularly wedding photographers—have a right to their art and promoting their work to attract future clients. But at what cost to their clients?
LGBTQ+ wedding photography: how to pose your couples
One of the most frequently asked questions when working with LGBTQ+ couples is how to pose them. But before you can learn how to pose LGBTQ+ couples, it’s important to understand why this has created a struggle in the minds of many. Through societal teachings and expectations, we’re given binary roles based on our sex assigned at birth. Men are conditioned to be dominant protectors, and women are to take care of the household and be gentle nurturers. Women are to dream about marrying Prince Charming, fantasize about their dream wedding and a white dress, and men stereotypically, are entirely disinterested in weddings.
How to create inclusive wedding contracts
All too often, wedding pros put a line for the bride’s name and a line for the groom’s name as the clients. But what if there are two brides and no groom? Two grooms and no bride? A person who identifies as a bride and another who doesn’t identify with either term? Two people who just want to get married but aren’t into those labels?
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel