We spoke to the couple behind that epic Harry Potter proposal
When Heather Pearson proposed to Kelsey Stacy, she had no idea that the Harry Potter inspired scavenger hunt proposal she’d spent years planning would go viral—even earning the two a congratulations from J.K. Rowling! We talked to Heather and Kelsey about the epic proposal and why Slytherins get a bad reputation.
J.K. Rowling loved this lesbian couple’s Harry Potter proposal
Heather Pearson, a Slytherin from Portland, Oregon, spent over a year planning an elaborate Harry Potter-themed wizard scavenger hunt to propose to her girlfriend of three years, Kelsey Stacy. Heather asked Stacy to help plan a Hogwarts-themed party and invited her on a city-wide scavenger hunt on Halloween.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights