This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
Alaina Leary Lavoie, 4 years ago 2 min read
“We don’t live long enough to let anyone tell us who we can and cannot love.”
My mom was accepting of her gay daughter from the beginning
Kaila Strickland, 4 years ago 10 min read
My mom was the first to know, and she set the tone for me to feel comfortable and safe living my life as a gay woman—so I interviewed her about why.
When I came out to my mom, I didn’t expect her to come out to me too
jennlerner, 4 years ago 6 min read
By coming out to me, she affirmed that it was completely normal to not be straight, and this shared revelation was both healing and transformative.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
- A sunrise engagement photoshoot for Canada brides-to-be who own a flower farm together
- Same-sex couple marries in the first wedding ever held at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration: celebrating queer love with a rooftop party, modern aesthetic and terracotta color palette
- European rights court finds Romania in violation of LGBTQ+ rights and orders legal protections for same-sex couples