I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
I didn’t have the language to articulate why I felt the way I felt about weddings. I couldn’t explain to someone why it didn’t fit my narrative.
Traditional Jewish wedding during Pride Month
Cinde and Carly’s traditional Jewish wedding on June 9, 2018, was the first same-sex marriage at Congregation Beth Ors in Maple Glen, Pennsylvania. The couple even planned the wedding to celebrate Pride month.
Church wedding with traditional Mississippi roots
Amy and Leslie wanted their wedding service to incorporate many traditional religious elements, true to the couple’s Mississippi Christian roots, with their entire church and extended families present. The wedding was officiated by the retired pastor who had counseled them throughout the engagement.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot