Ginger and Emily, both lovers of the Midwest and residents of Chicago, got engaged while on a trip to Puerto Rico. They wanted to capture their love in a place that was special to them, so they headed to their favorite nearby park in Logan Square, along with Wildernesses Photography, to snap some engagement photos. Ginger and Emily plan on having their wedding under a Catalpa tree in the rolling green fields of Wisconsin.
From Ginger and Emily:
We got engaged while on vacation in Puerto Rico in July 2013. After over a week filled with ocean and jungle adventures and deep conversation, we had planned a romantic day for our last day on the beach, including horseback riding, a lavish dinner, and ending with wine on our oceanside balcony and an engagement. But when the day arrived, we had just been served breakfast when Ginger’s face turned green, and she was knocked out for the rest of the day with a traveler’sT bug. It wasn’t the romantic day we had planned, but getting through that day together was a reminder of the enduring power of love and the full spectrum of life’s ups and downs that marriage will entail. And thankfully, Ginger recovered in time so that we could go to a local jeweler and pick out engagement rings together before we left Vieques Island. So the following evening we had our wine in a windowless hotel room and read love letters to each other in which each of us proposed. And we both said yes!
Ginger says, “We are planning our wedding in the rolling farmlands of Spring Green, Wisconsin–not far from where Emily grew up. We will be married under the most beautiful, old Catalpa tree and celebrate under the stars into the wee hours while our friends’ Supremes cover band keeps the party rocking.”
Photos: Wildernesses Photography
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park