Transgender Visibility: Kristin Russo Hosts PBS’ First Person Series
We’ve got the clip of a super important new show debuting from WNET Interactive Engagement Group and PBS Digital Studios about gender identity, sexuality and queer community. It’s hosted by Kristin Russo, co-founder of LGBTQ youth organization, Everyone is Gay. New episodes will air every other Thursday on PBS’ YouTube account, and will tackle topics we’re all about such as transgender transitions, bisexual erasure and queer fashion.
We love what’s being discussed in this first episode of First Person, wherein Russo interviews transgender activist Skylar Kergil. He makes eloquent points about not enjoying being asked what his “real name” is (it completely invalidates his chosen name) and if he’s had “the surgery” (Skylar’s answer is perfect).
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights