Transgender Visibility: Kristin Russo Hosts PBS’ First Person Series
We’ve got the clip of a super important new show debuting from WNET Interactive Engagement Group and PBS Digital Studios about gender identity, sexuality and queer community. It’s hosted by Kristin Russo, co-founder of LGBTQ youth organization, Everyone is Gay. New episodes will air every other Thursday on PBS’ YouTube account, and will tackle topics we’re all about such as transgender transitions, bisexual erasure and queer fashion.
We love what’s being discussed in this first episode of First Person, wherein Russo interviews transgender activist Skylar Kergil. He makes eloquent points about not enjoying being asked what his “real name” is (it completely invalidates his chosen name) and if he’s had “the surgery” (Skylar’s answer is perfect).
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how