The Best Hairstyling Products (and How to Use Them!)
By Ryan Roschke
Hey, grooms and brooms! Trying to figure out what to do with your hair on your wedding day? We’re here to help. We’ve compiled a huge list of the best styling products, and which ones you should use for the best results! Whether you want hold or flexibility, something cost efficient or a bit of a splurge, we have the product for you.
Much more foamy than any of its other counter parts, mousse will wrap around your hair and add a ton of thickness. Not quite as stiff as gel, but not quite as pliable as wax.
Use on: thinner or finer hair.
Best for: adding shine and volume (without the sticky mess)
Vitalis Maximum Hold Mousse, $2.20
Once you gel your hair, it will not move. If you know the style you want, gel will get you there. You won’t have to touch your hair the rest of the day. Even in a hurricane.
Use on: stubborn or disobedient hair.
Best for: very styled looks, all-day hold and high shine.
A soft, creamy, non-greasy hair product. It’s great for adding texture and hold without making the hair look too greasy.
Use on: thick and curly hair (but works on all hair types)
Best for: achieving a messy look or natural look
American Crew Pomade, $10.79
Geo. F. Trumper Hair Pomade, $28.95
Though not as soft as pomade, it’s a new and excellent men’s product. Wax is the king of versatility; it can hold pretty well, but can be infinitely reworked throughout the day.
Use on: straight and slightly wavy hair (wax clumps in curly hair)
Best for: everything from the bed-headed look to a structured, coiffed style
MEN-Ü Grooming Wax, $14.99
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news