The Best Hairstyling Products (and How to Use Them!)
By Ryan Roschke
Hey, grooms and brooms! Trying to figure out what to do with your hair on your wedding day? We’re here to help. We’ve compiled a huge list of the best styling products, and which ones you should use for the best results! Whether you want hold or flexibility, something cost efficient or a bit of a splurge, we have the product for you.
Much more foamy than any of its other counter parts, mousse will wrap around your hair and add a ton of thickness. Not quite as stiff as gel, but not quite as pliable as wax.
Use on: thinner or finer hair.
Best for: adding shine and volume (without the sticky mess)
Vitalis Maximum Hold Mousse, $2.20
Once you gel your hair, it will not move. If you know the style you want, gel will get you there. You won’t have to touch your hair the rest of the day. Even in a hurricane.
Use on: stubborn or disobedient hair.
Best for: very styled looks, all-day hold and high shine.
A soft, creamy, non-greasy hair product. It’s great for adding texture and hold without making the hair look too greasy.
Use on: thick and curly hair (but works on all hair types)
Best for: achieving a messy look or natural look
American Crew Pomade, $10.79
Geo. F. Trumper Hair Pomade, $28.95
Though not as soft as pomade, it’s a new and excellent men’s product. Wax is the king of versatility; it can hold pretty well, but can be infinitely reworked throughout the day.
Use on: straight and slightly wavy hair (wax clumps in curly hair)
Best for: everything from the bed-headed look to a structured, coiffed style
MEN-Ü Grooming Wax, $14.99
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wedding invitation company is allowed to discriminate against gay couples
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples