These two brides celebrated their summer wedding with a champagne tower and a private last dance
Washington wives Rue (she/her) and Lauren (she/her) are affectionately known by their couple moniker “LaRue.” The two met in the registration line at a week-long camp for queer women. After joking about sharing the raffle prize with each other if either of them won, they instantly connected.
That spark carried them through their long-distance relationship over the next few months. When the pandemic hit, LaRue realized that life is short and decided to elope. Taking only two weeks to plan, they had a private wedding ceremony in their home with only a photographer and an officiant.
Two years later, they were able to have the elegant summer celebration of their dreams with family and friends. LaRue welcomed their guests to their wedding weekend with a buffet-style Italian dinner. Their ceremony took place against the picturesque backdrop of Commencement Bay and was followed by a glamorous and festive reception.
The couple twirled into a cloud of smoke and confetti for their first dance. LaRue and their loved ones danced the night away, enjoying a drag queen performance, a champagne tower and confetti cannons. At the end of the evening, the couple shared a private last dance that mirrored their living room ceremony, a romantic sway with just the two of them on the dance floor.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Lessie Blue Photography
Venue: Silver Cloud Hotel Tacoma at Point Ruston Waterfront
Second Shooter: Loewyn Behold Photography
Makeup Artist: Allegra La Bella
Lighting: Crimson Haze Event Lighting
Music: Arcobaleno Strings
DJ: Puget Sounds Event DJ Services
Equipment Rentals: Bickner Dance Floors
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or loveshoot
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line