This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
Keith + Erwin
Orientation: Gay; Gay
Pronouns: He/Him; He/Him
Ceremony Location: Washington DC
Reception Location: Maryland
Keith and Erwin had a small ceremony at Washington DC’s Larz Anderson House. The original plan was outdoors at the DC War Memorial, but the rain had other ideas. Quickly, the couple worked with their vendors to pivot, and luckily, they fell in love with Larz Anderson House’s grand staircase and antique finishings. During the ceremony, Keith serenaded Erwin with the song Spend My Life With You by Eric Benet.
The reception followed inside their home, which they completely transformed into a wedding venue.
“We were WOWED when we walked in!” they said. “Shout out to all of our amazing vendors!!!”
As they arrived, guests were greeted by a champagne wall, a pianist and a photo booth. “We wanted to create an experience for our guests that they would remember forever,” the couple said.
And they couldn’t have done it without their vendors. “If you’re in the Washington, DC area, you must hire Stunning Soirees as your planners,” they emphasized. “They have amazing vendor relationships and were with us every step of the way.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Ceremony Photographer: Myron Fields Photography
Reception Photographer: Sarandipity Photography
Ceremony Venue: Larz Anderson House
Ceremony Florals: Pretty Petal Florals
Reception Rentals and Florals: Davinci
Planner: Stunning Soirees, Krista Ashshaheed and Kristy Randle
Ceremony Violinist: Marvillous Beats
Ceremony and Reception Signage: Cotton Catalyst
Jewelry: David Yurman
Caterer: The Grater Cater
Cake: Jenny Baked It
Bartender: Charismatic Creations
Custom Masks: Jace Creations
filed under: LGBTQ+ wedding, LGBTQ+ love, white tuxedos, home wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights