This fall wedding featured royal blue accents and matching suits for the marriers and their dogs
Glenn (he/him) and Andrew (he/him) fell in love while bonding over shared interests, like their love of dogs and affinity for traveling. When it came time to plan their wedding, they knew they would include their beloved dogs, Einstein and Levi, giving their pups gray suits that matched their own.
Taking interest in each other’s individual passions is one of the things that Andrew loves most about their relationship: “Glenn is a big fan of everything pop music, and I introduced him to the Boston Bruins,” he says, noting their mutual respect and excitement over these interests. The pair of travel lovers knew they were right for each other, but traveling for work helped Andrew realize he wanted to get married. “Being apart for over a month really solidified for me that I had to propose to Glenn when I returned,” he shares.
After a whirlwind engagement, the couple celebrated their marriage with tattoos of each others’ initials and a modern ballroom reception in their home city of Boston, Massachusetts. Royal blue accents were featured in their color scheme, tying together everything from their ties and dog leashes to the centerpieces and flowers. Glenn, Andrew and their wedding party took portraits on the banks of the Charles River, with the bright yellows and muted greens of autumn providing a stark visual contrast to the bold blues and grays of the celebrants’ attire.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Nicole Chan Photography
Reception Venue: Hyatt Regency Cambridge
Floral Designer: Central Square Florist
Cake Designer: Montilio’s Bakery
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding