A dog-friendly fall wedding with board games and a cookie cake
Sean (he/him) and Casper (they/them) have been best friends since they were 12. In the years since that first meeting, the two have supported each through difficult transitions and personal resurrections. When they were 16, they realized they were more than friends and began to date, and by the time they reached their early twenties, the two were ready to tie the knot.
As students attending the University of Georgia, Sean and Casper found a second home at the Presbyterian Student Center. Sean considers himself agnostic, but the center’s welcoming and affirming stance towards the LGBTQ+ community drew both him and Casper to the space. They eventually chose the center as the venue for their fall themed wedding.
Sean and Casper tailored their wedding day around things that bring them joy, including board games at their reception and cutting a rainbow-frosted cookie cake. The ceremony took place in the courtyard next to the center, which was decorated with string lights for the occasion. Sean’s service dog Otis was the ring bearer, and the nearlyweds invited friends to bring their dogs as well. Cali N Tito’s restaurant, their favorite place to eat and hang out while in school, provided catering for their reception.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: C Brown Photo | Atlanta Wedding Photographer
Location: Presbyterian Student Center
Caterer: Cali N Tito’s Restaurant
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding