From Tinder to a rainbow wedding with a private vow reading and dictionary guest book
Ambyr and Lacey’s winter wedding celebrated their love and LGBTQ+ pride with a rainbow color palette and personally meaningful details. The Seattle couple, who met on Tinder, love travel and adventure, trivia nights and spending time with their pets: a cute old dachshund and two cats named Rye and Mezcal.
When planning their wedding, Ambyr and Lacey’s goal was to create a low-key, easy-going event. They incorporated dozens of customized elements, from perfumes and broaches to pastel macarons and thrifted vintage glassware. Their wedding party, consisting of their chosen family members, wore emerald green, sapphire blue and mustard yellow in a variety of fabrics. The pair highlighted their personalities in their own outfits as well, with sparkly boots, a fun broach and luxurious cream jackets that they wore for their portraits.
In addition to a ceremony officiated by their best friend, the pair had a private vow reading down the street from their venue, at a bar where they happened to find seats right in front of a Pride flag. Then, Ambyr and Lacey spent their cocktail hour behind the bar, serving every one of their guests a signature cocktail.
Their guest book was a dictionary, and each attendant was asked to circle a word and leave a note in the margins. Favors were mini champagne bottles with labels hand-drawn by one of their grandmothers, as well as matchbooks reading “love me Tinder,” an added pun to celebrate how they met.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Marla Manes Photography
Reception Venue: Cathedral; Ballard Locks
Apparel: Sachin & Babi; Wtoo by Watters; Brides for a Cause
Makeup Artist: Makeup by Ryann
Event Planner: Wunderland Events
Caterer: Frelard Tamales
Bakery: lady yum
Floral Designer: Ivy and Birch Design
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding or engagement story.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding