This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
“Cori and I met on Instagram! She slid into my DMs and started bonding over our faith and fitness. We began talking every single day and quickly became best friends. Four months later, I flew from Seattle, Washington, to Little Rock, Arkansas, to visit my ‘friend.’
Honestly, I only had intentions of meeting my social media best friend, but I ended up meeting the girl of my dreams. I walked out of the small town airport and spotted her green Honda CRV. Cori got out of the car to give me a hug, and at that moment I knew I met the person I’d spend the rest of my life with. The rest is history!
Cori is an adorable hopeless romantic, so I knew I had to come up with a grand gesture. Planning my proposal took five months. I made a legit professional-looking scavenger hunt through downtown Seattle, I designed a custom ring and booked a seaplane ride to whisk her away to the San Juan Island for the weekend.
I proposed on August 24, 2019, which was the day before our two year anniversary. My proposal was at the end of a scavenger hunt with a group of friends ending at Gas Works Park on the water. Cori had no clue what was about to happen! She truly thought we were doing a fun scavenger hunt with all our friends. She had no idea until the very last challenge when she was handed an envelope I had given to one of her teammates.
The letter directed her to meet me at the location of her favorite date she’s ever been on. I re-enacted the surprise picnic dinner I took her on a year before, dressed to impress and got down on one knee to ask her to spend her life with me. She said yes and before I could remember to put the ring on her finger, I jumped up to give her a hug and kiss. Everyone at the park cheered and then we flew off in a seaplane to enjoy a weekend together as fiancées!” —from Jess, one half of the couple
Photographer: Jess Klein Photo
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study