This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
“When Aaron contacted us to make a film of a ‘surprise engagement dance party flash mob’ after he proposed to his boyfriend Chris of four years, we were instantly on board!
This adorable couple from Raleigh, North Caroline, spent the morning away on October 12, 2019, having an intimate proposal, while friends from all across the country were at Chris’ parents’ lake-front cabin, quietly hashing out the details of the flash mob plan to blow this couple away.
Aaron had friends and family fly into the Raleigh-Durham area from all over the United States—from California to Montana to Ohio—and he had a family member put together the choreographed surprise to celebrate the newly engaged men. Complete with giant prop heads of the couple, colorful smoke grenades, pom poms, a glitter beard, maracas and tambourines, this celebration was sure to be a giant dance party that surprised Chris and celebrated their engagement.
In front of the rustic cabin on Lake Royale, Chris’ brother Matt (who plays drums professionally for the military) set up his drum set to tap along to the beat of the music, while another friend planned to play guitar in the background. As the couple pulled up in their car and stepped out, Chris stumbled around in confusion with a blindfold covering his eyes. He had no clue where Aaron had brought him and nervously followed along while the crowd stood quietly awaiting.
Just before the flash mob surprise started, Aaron threw up a big sign that said, ‘He said yes!’ The crowd cheered and Aaron ripped away Chris’ blindfold, uncovering a crowd of family and friends dressed in bright colors and big smiles. The music kicked in and the dance routine was on its way. The giant heads bobbled back and forth and the smoke grenades filled the air with celebration and joy. The choreography was executed perfectly.
And after four minutes of pure happiness, the flash mob ended and the couple felt truly amazed they were blessed with such incredible friends and family. Hugs went out freely, and the two joined on the front stairs of the cabin as Aaron’s brother and Chris’ father shared heartfelt words of congratulations. The surprise celebration of this newly engaged couple was, without a doubt, one of the best moments in our filming career. Thank you, Aaron and Chris, for allowing us to capture this incredible moment in your story. We look forward to your new lives together, and your wedding day is sure to be full of love, beauty, and great friends and family.” —from Amanda Brewer and Jeff Brewer, the proprietors of HoneyDew Films in Greensboro, North Carolina
Videographer and Photographer: HoneyDew Films
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca