This whirlwind virtual romance became a real-life engagement
Paul and Alexander’s whirlwind, ocean-crossing romance began when they met online in late 2020. Alexander was living in Puerto Rico, and Paul in South Philadelphia. Despite the distance, a stream of endless phone calls and video chats showed them they were meant to be. Finally, they decided they simply had to meet in person, and doing so confirmed their connection was real.
A commitment to make memories together forever
The couple was so sure they were made for each other that they were engaged only eleven days after their relationship began. “Paul got on his knee and asked me to marry him,” says Alexander. “Of course I said ‘Yes!’ We are in a different stage in life where we feel fulfilled and satisfied with what each other gives. Life from here on is to make memories together, with no rules or expectations. We agree in living life to the fullest, being faithful to one another and not owing to anyone’s concern or conditions.”
Paul and Alexander will be married on December 10, 2021.
“When it comes to our backgrounds and roots, Paul and I may be very different,” Alexander says, “Yet our common grounds in our wants and needs in a life partner were well met…. It didn’t take long then after that for Paul to move to PR and change the city lights for tropical sunsets in San Juan.”
He also says Paul has fully embraced his three kids and grandson. Among the things they love most about one another: their senses of humor.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Ivvor Rocha Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples