This whirlwind virtual romance became a real-life engagement
Paul and Alexander’s whirlwind, ocean-crossing romance began when they met online in late 2020. Alexander was living in Puerto Rico, and Paul in South Philadelphia. Despite the distance, a stream of endless phone calls and video chats showed them they were meant to be. Finally, they decided they simply had to meet in person, and doing so confirmed their connection was real.
A commitment to make memories together forever
The couple was so sure they were made for each other that they were engaged only eleven days after their relationship began. “Paul got on his knee and asked me to marry him,” says Alexander. “Of course I said ‘Yes!’ We are in a different stage in life where we feel fulfilled and satisfied with what each other gives. Life from here on is to make memories together, with no rules or expectations. We agree in living life to the fullest, being faithful to one another and not owing to anyone’s concern or conditions.”
Paul and Alexander will be married on December 10, 2021.
“When it comes to our backgrounds and roots, Paul and I may be very different,” Alexander says, “Yet our common grounds in our wants and needs in a life partner were well met…. It didn’t take long then after that for Paul to move to PR and change the city lights for tropical sunsets in San Juan.”
He also says Paul has fully embraced his three kids and grandson. Among the things they love most about one another: their senses of humor.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Ivvor Rocha Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings