For a jetsetting couple, spots on the map can instantly bring a wave of happy memories, so why not channel that into your special day? A travel-themed wedding will highlight all the beautiful places you’ve been with your sweetie, and the places you’ll be going. Just think: Paris, Rome, Beirut, Sydney, Tokyo, Moscow … the possibilities are endless. And, travel with a vintage twist or modern glam would be stunning. Basically, there is nothing you can’t do with this theme.
Think mail, passports or even boarding passes. These traveling tokens can be old school with a cute border on an envelope or colorful stamps that represent different destinations.
There’s always the great go-to globe to represent all the possible travels that lie in the future. If that doesn’t nail it, think retro paper airplanes or touch up a standard vase with a road map. Or, if you two are globetrotters, add your own memorabilia.
WEDDING PARTY STYLE
Jazz up the tuxes and bridesmaids’ bouquets with pinwheels created from maps. Spruce up the flowers with some bouquet charms representing your favorite cities, or have the bridal party wear jewelry representing your favorite city.
SWEET AND SAVORY
Skip the airplane “food” and supply your guests with delicious snacks. Have each food station represent a different country to highlight its culture. (That goes for drinks too!) Bring the theme to the cake with a suitcase-shaped confection, or a traditional wedding cake surrounded by cute hot air balloons.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL