Unmasking Your Beauty: 5 Conditioning Masks for Healthier Hair
By Allyson Drye
Planning a wedding can be stressful, and all that stress definitely takes a toll on your hair. If your locks aren’t looking up to par for your big day, a deep conditioning hair mask is a great and inexpensive way to restore a healthy shine before you say, “I do.” An added bonus: While the mask sits, you have time to call the florist, the bakery, or any of the million things on your wedding to-do list! Here are five great hair masks that will leave your hair silky, shiny and smooth.
CAROL’S DAUGHTER MONOI (REPAIRING) HAIR MASK
If you’re dealing with damaged strands and are short on time, this mask is perfect. Left on for only three to five minutes, your hair will be noticeably sleeker and shinier after one use. Plus, the enchanting scent of gardenias and coconuts lasts all day! Available for $29 at Sephora.
MOROCCANOIL INTENSE HYDRATING MASK
This deep-conditioning hair mask leaves behind a tropical scent while improving the texture and elasticity of your hair. While it’s ideal for thick hair, all types will benefit from the argan-oil formula. Used once or twice a week, your mane will be wedding-ready in no time. Available for $32 at moroccanoilproducts.com.
L’OREAL PARIS EVERPURE MOISTURE DEEP RESTORATIVE MASQUE
Perfect for those with color treated hair, this sulfate-free product penetrates the hair cuticles without stripping your color. This mask is gentle enough to use several times a week for extra damaged hair and doesn’t leave greasy residue. With a pricetag of only $8.99, this product is a steal! Available at Ulta.
OUIDAD OMEGA-3 REPLENISHING HAIR TREATMENT
This mask rejuvenates dull hair using a formula made from acai pulp oil, flax seed oil and passion fruit seed oil. Perfect for all hair types, it transforms limp locks into shiny, bouncy, healthy strands in only five minutes. You can restore life back into your hair for $36 at Sephora.
ELLIN LAVAR TEXTURES RECONSTRUCTMASQUE DEEP MOISTURIZING MASQUE
Using pequi oil, brazil nut oil, cupuaçu-seed butter and maracuja passion fruit oil, this mask conditions and smooths strands while reducing breakage. The effective formula allows this product to be used only once or twice a month. This conditioning mask restores split ends, adds shine and bounce, and leaves hair smelling like flowers. Available at ELLiN LAVAR for $7.99.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal