Washington Governor Christine Gregoire Makes Marriage Equality Video
Washington Governor Christine Gregoire joins forces with the Human Rights Campaign and contributes her own 36-second spot for the Americans for Marriage Equality video series. The video was released online on Thursday, Feb. 2, the day after the Washington State Senate passed the marriage equality bill. Gov. Christine Gregoire has pledged to sign the bill. If approved, Washington would be the first West Coast state to embrace marriage equality. California briefly recognized gay marriage in 2008. Thanks to Proposition 8, a voter-approved ban went into effect.
Governor Gregoire states in the video, “As an American, a wife and mother, marriage equality is fair, just and right. And it is time.” We applaud Gregoire for making this video and for taking a stand for marriage equality.
Watch the video here:
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study