Washington Governor Christine Gregoire Makes Marriage Equality Video
Washington Governor Christine Gregoire joins forces with the Human Rights Campaign and contributes her own 36-second spot for the Americans for Marriage Equality video series. The video was released online on Thursday, Feb. 2, the day after the Washington State Senate passed the marriage equality bill. Gov. Christine Gregoire has pledged to sign the bill. If approved, Washington would be the first West Coast state to embrace marriage equality. California briefly recognized gay marriage in 2008. Thanks to Proposition 8, a voter-approved ban went into effect.
Governor Gregoire states in the video, “As an American, a wife and mother, marriage equality is fair, just and right. And it is time.” We applaud Gregoire for making this video and for taking a stand for marriage equality.
Watch the video here:
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Chick-fil-A will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ+ organizations
- Rustic orange and yellow autumn wedding in Norfolk, Massachusetts
- Home anniversary photos to celebrate one year of marriage
- Black gothic wedding with skulls, swords and magic
- American Psychological Association says singular ‘they’ now the standard for scholarly writing
- Roxane Gay and Debbie Millman are officially engaged
- This mom’s wedding speech will make you cry in the best way
- Community was at the heart of this floral summer wedding
- Romantic engagement photos on the beach in Kauai, Hawaii
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California