The watering hole, the centerpiece of the wedding reception. When you serve alcohol at your wedding the bar becomes a focal point, a pit-stop before guests hit the dance floor. With all eyes on the bar, be sure to dress it up with these wedding bar decoration ideas. You don’t need to break the bank to create a memorable look for your bar.
Don’t let guests miss the bar. Dress it up with a sign, whether it’s one celebrating your names, your monogram or a simple “bar” sign to make sure everyone knows where to find the cocktails.
Build your own bar using crates, barrels and more objects that can be rescued from a junk yard or recycled from home. All that matter is you have a surface to pour the drinks on.
If your wedding venue is filled with gorgeous scenery don’t let the bar block all the remarkable views. Use a book shelf or other backless display to showcase all there is to see.
As day turns to night, keep the lights on with decorative lighting at your bar. String lights, lamps and Christmas lights all add a bright flair when it comes to keeping the bar lit.
Inspired by nature
Never underestimate the effect nature can have on dressing up a venue. Ivy, plants, tree branches and more create a rustic feel.
Alcohol isn’t the only offering worthy of a fun bar set-up. Check out these bars for your wedding that aren’t alcohol.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL