The watering hole, the centerpiece of the wedding reception. When you serve alcohol at your wedding the bar becomes a focal point, a pit-stop before guests hit the dance floor. With all eyes on the bar, be sure to dress it up with these wedding bar decoration ideas. You don’t need to break the bank to create a memorable look for your bar.
Don’t let guests miss the bar. Dress it up with a sign, whether it’s one celebrating your names, your monogram or a simple “bar” sign to make sure everyone knows where to find the cocktails.
Build your own bar using crates, barrels and more objects that can be rescued from a junk yard or recycled from home. All that matter is you have a surface to pour the drinks on.
If your wedding venue is filled with gorgeous scenery don’t let the bar block all the remarkable views. Use a book shelf or other backless display to showcase all there is to see.
As day turns to night, keep the lights on with decorative lighting at your bar. String lights, lamps and Christmas lights all add a bright flair when it comes to keeping the bar lit.
Inspired by nature
Never underestimate the effect nature can have on dressing up a venue. Ivy, plants, tree branches and more create a rustic feel.
Alcohol isn’t the only offering worthy of a fun bar set-up. Check out these bars for your wedding that aren’t alcohol.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Dark Greek mythology wedding inspiration that calls to your inner goth
- Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland