Wedding Bells for Rep. Deb Mell and Christin Baker
By Kirsten Palladino
Love is in the air for Illinois Rep. Deb Mell and partner Christin Baker, who got engaged on April 10. The gay rights advocate told Carol Marin Tuesday on WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight” about her plans to announce her engagement on the House floor today. This afternoon, Baker used her Twitter account to share the video link to the meeting.
Mell is the daughter of Ald. Richard Mell, sister of Patti Blagojevich and sister-in-law of Rod Blagojevich.
The couple told Marin they plan to marry in Iowa, where gay marriage is legally recognized, in the fall of 2011.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal