Wedding cocktail: How to make a gimlet
The gimlet is a simple yet chic cocktail, which makes it an ideal choice for a large amount of wedding guests looking to cool off after dancing up a storm at your wedding or just to sip and mingle with your friends and family at your wedding reception. This classic recipe from Food Network’s Geoffrey Zakarian is easy to follow. You can DIY your own wedding cocktails or hand the recipe off to your caterer or bartending team.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the gin, lime juice and simple syrup. Stir vigorously with a long cocktail spoon until very cold.
Strain into a chilled coupe or martini glass, or strain over a rocks glass filled with ice, depending on preference. Garnish with the cucumber wheel and serve immediately.
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Regina + Lisana: Surprise proposal by the shore in Miami, Florida
- Five of the best kitchen appliances to add to your wedding registry
- Kody + Jared: Timeless rainbow wedding in Asheville, North Carolina
- Kristin + Angela: Elegant, outdoor wedding at historic farm in Ballston Lake, New York
- Angelo + Sterling: DIY Filipino-American wedding in Venice, Florida