Wedding s’mores bar must haves
There’s no doubt that s’mores are delicious. They’re chocolatey, gooey and warm. These sweet treats are sure to please a crowd, but how do you go about serving this delicious outdoor favorite at your wedding? The good news is, it can be done (even indoors). Check out these tips for the best s’mores you’ve ever had.
Toasting your marshmallow always adds to the experience of creating an authentic s’more. Toasting indoors is possible thanks to Sterno. Set up a row of Sterno canisters and let guests toast over a small open flame. Be sure to use the Sterno cans marked “Ethanol” though, as those are safer for making direct contact with food. Better yet, try Sterno’s indoor s’mores kit.
Don’t want to deal with flame (or don’t trust the children that might be in attendance)? Skip the toasting and instead have a chocolate fountain or hot chocolate fondue for dipping marshmallows and other snacks. The warm chocolate will give the marshmallow a soft consistency that you can easily squish between two graham crackers.
Take your s’mores to the next level by including other fillings for guests to choose from such as Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cookies, bananas, flavored marshmallows or peanut butter.
Love the taste of s’mores but want to avoid the sticky mess they can create? Offer s’mores on a stick, the perfect bite-sized yum!
Have your cake and eat it too with a s’mores cake (yea, it’s a thing and it’s delicious)!
Can’t resist the campfire feel? Set-up a bonfire or fire pit outside for guests to roast marshmallows and assemble an authentic s’more like they’re at summer camp. A great activity for a warm, summer wedding or a chilly, fall day.
S’mores can also be packaged up to create a great wedding favor to send home “s’more love” with your guests.
How will you be adding s’more love to your wedding?
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York