Catskills, New York bonfire barn wedding
Mark and Don’s wedding had a welcoming, rustic barn feel to it. The ceremony took place outdoors, and afterwards guests celebrated with a well-decorated reception in a nearby barn. Don and Mark’s daughter processed up the aisle with them after they had been announced as newlyweds.
After the ceremony, all the guests processed together, along with a brass band, to the barn to kick-off the reception. Name cards were hung clothesline-style. Bright, colorful flower arrangements were everywhere you turned, adding splashes of color to decorate the venue. Guests were seated for dinner at long tables, and headed outdoors after their meal to sit around the bonfire and enjoy ice cream sandwiches.
From the photographer, Diane Stredicke: Sitting at the foot of the Catskills, is High Falls New York and the beautiful venue Shadow Lawn. Shadow Lawn has a gorgeous antique barn for intimate weddings. Don and Mark had a Jazz band open their reception with by doing a New Orleans style walk to the reception events. Don and Mark’s daughter was also an important part of their wedding day.
Photographer: Hudson River Photographer
Caterer: Artist’s Palate
Wedding planner: Charmed Places
Tuxedo: Ermenegildo Zegna
Band: Oh La La
Event Venue: Shadow Lawn
Floral Designer: The Green Cottage
Invitations: BlueJaye Papers and Press
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel
- Fun, moody beach couple photos in San Francisco, California
- 2019 holiday gift guide