Catskills, New York bonfire barn wedding
Mark and Don’s wedding had a welcoming, rustic barn feel to it. The ceremony took place outdoors, and afterwards guests celebrated with a well-decorated reception in a nearby barn. Don and Mark’s daughter processed up the aisle with them after they had been announced as newlyweds.
After the ceremony, all the guests processed together, along with a brass band, to the barn to kick-off the reception. Name cards were hung clothesline-style. Bright, colorful flower arrangements were everywhere you turned, adding splashes of color to decorate the venue. Guests were seated for dinner at long tables, and headed outdoors after their meal to sit around the bonfire and enjoy ice cream sandwiches.
From the photographer, Diane Stredicke: Sitting at the foot of the Catskills, is High Falls New York and the beautiful venue Shadow Lawn. Shadow Lawn has a gorgeous antique barn for intimate weddings. Don and Mark had a Jazz band open their reception with by doing a New Orleans style walk to the reception events. Don and Mark’s daughter was also an important part of their wedding day.
Photographer: Hudson River Photographer
Caterer: Artist’s Palate
Wedding planner: Charmed Places
Tuxedo: Ermenegildo Zegna
Band: Oh La La
Event Venue: Shadow Lawn
Floral Designer: The Green Cottage
Invitations: BlueJaye Papers and Press
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing