Wedding Gifts for Gay and Lesbian Couples from Crate&Barrel
My wife and I started planning Equally Wed in 2008 when we were also planning our lesbian wedding in Georgia. At that time, there was nothing out there from mainstream magazines or stores celebrating or inspiring gay and lesbian weddings. But look what Crate&Barrel is doing now. They’re making history! My wife Maria spotted this ring dish in the 2013 holiday gift catalog sent to our home, and it’s available as Mr. and Mr., Mrs. and Mrs., and Mr. and Mrs., which pretty much covers everyone except our genderqueer readers who don’t identify as either Mr. or Mrs. But color us ecstatic for this monumental win of inclusivity!
The heart-shaped tray provides wedding rings with a romantic setting when they’re not on the happy couple’s fingers. Packaged in its own gift box, this keepsake makes a fantastic gift for newlyweds or anniversary-celebrating spouses. The ring dish is only $12.95 and currently ships for free!
If you’re thinking of proposing at Christmastime or any other occassion where you might be giving your sweetheart a wrapped present, this kind of might be a brilliant clue to have him or her open before the ring — or if there isn’t a ring yet. CrateandBarrel.com
Then I started doing a little search and I found even more equality-inclusive products not exclusively geared toward heterosexuals, and this is just too exciting for words. Check out these fab Mr. & Mr. and Mrs. & Mrs. stationery sets of 8 cards designed by Martin Yeeles with modern font, and hues of silver and rosy red. $19.95. Free shipping.
My wife and I registered at the Atlanta Crate&Barrel for our June 13, 2009 wedding, and were treated with so much love and respect as a same-sex couple planning a wedding in Georgia that it moved me to tears. Soon after Equally Wed’s launch in March 2010, two gay men won 2nd place in Crate&Barrel’s wedding registry contest with DailyCandy. Hands down, it’s one of the most inclusive contemporary houseware stores around. —Kirsten Ott Palladino
Kirsten Ott Palladino is the cofounder and editor in chief of Equally Wed, the world’s leading same-sex wedding magazine and directory of gay-friendly wedding vendors. Follow her @kirstenop and the entire team @equallywed.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia