Michael + Kyle: A Nautical Beach Wedding and a City Hall Marriage
[dropcap letter=”B”]efore marriage equality was a federal reality, North Carolina lovebirds Michael and Kyle became husbands with a legally binding City Hall marriage in New York. A week later, the grooms had their big, fancy wedding with family and friends at the Blockade Runner in Wrightsville Beach, N.C. With gorgeous weather cheering them on, their family and friends gathered to be a part of their wedding day. I’m over the moon for their nautical touches, like the fish hook and whale tie bars. And the tight embraces between the mothers and their sons fill my heart.
Photographer & Videographer: Blueberry Creative
Floral Designer: Fiore Fine Flowers
Musicians: Bibis Ellison Band
Ceremony Location: Blockade Runner
Transportation: The British Taxi
Bridesmaid Attire: The Wedding Dress Shoppe
Photo Booth: KMI Photography | All Star Booth
Find more equality-minded wedding vendors in our Local Resources Marketplace.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding