By Brittny Drye
For those of you who were swept away by the dystopian tale of District 12’s Katniss Everdeen in Suzanne Collins’s book trilogy, starting with The Hunger Games, you can add a touch of the series (and soon-to-be movie) and its themes in your big day and the parties leading up to it. TresSugar invites us to be inspired by Katniss, Peeta, mockingjays and more with in the version of cakes, décor, entrees and bridesmaid jewelry.
Make a big impact with your sweet ending by having a Hunger Games wedding cake—complete with a mockingjay and deadly berries (we should note that the berries are edible).
Katniss tells Caesar her favorite food at the Capitol is the lamb stew with dried plums, so what better dish to serve to your guests? If lamb stew isn’t your thing, take your pick from this list of Hunger Games-inspired recipes.
Your bridal shower guests will get a little ode to Katniss with these Arrow & Moss Necklaces as party favors.
Channel Katniss’s disheveled beauty with a romantic long side braid. Learn how to recreate the look on BellaSugar!
Frame some of the most romantic quotes from The Hunger Games series to add a love-filled touch to your reception tables. Here are a couple good ones:
“You love me. Real or not real?” I tell him, “Real.”
“Because that’s what you and I do, protect each other.”
Check out 20 other ideas on TresSugar. And may the odds be ever in your favor.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California