This loving, lyrical poem from Faraaz Kazi would make for romantic modern wedding vows. The winner of the 2013 National Debut Youth Fiction Award and also the recipient of the YCOF National Excellence award in Creative Writing apart from being the first Indian author to win the coveted ‘Best Debut (Romance)’ title at the international Goodreads choice awards, Faraaz Kazi has been tagged as the ‘Nicholas Sparks of India’ by many and is rated amongst the top male romance writers in the country.
The Skies Bend
By Faraaz Kazi
The skies bend, the time stops, the lanes move and the fires dance,
It can mean only one thing that I am with you.
You are enigmatic yet so beautiful that I have lost my sense,
You are as immaculate as the unadulterated morning dew
And your beauty leaves me in a mystified trance.
I do not foresee what you and I will be
But I promise to be with you till the rocks keep meeting the sea.
Photo by Muara Fatan
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Artistic, cultural wedding in an art gallery
- Purple greenhouse wedding with goats
- Times Square engagement
- Intimate fall backyard wedding in Brandon, Vermont
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- 6 reasons you should have a winter wedding
- How to date a nonbinary person and be a loving ally to them
- Black and white beach wedding in Newport, Rhode Island
- Why I’m taking my wife’s last name when we get married
- Rustic castle wedding at Guernsey State Park in Wyoming