Wedding rings are a timeless symbol of marriage. A display to yourself and others that you are committed to another person. Some marriers opt for an even more permanent symbol of commitment with a tattoo in the place of a wedding ring or a matching couple tattoo.
Another take on the traditional wedding ring that is becoming increasingly popular is a wedding ring piercing. Yes, you read that correctly, a piercing!
Dermal piercings have been done for years on all parts of the body such as the face, back, collar bones, hips and more. They are single entry piercings that lie flat on the body unlike other piercings, such as the nose or ears, which go in one end and come out on the other side.
A dermal piercing, no matter where it is placed on the body, involves inserting a dermal anchor under the skin. This is done by punching a hole in the flesh and removing a small piece of skin which allows the anchor to be slid under the skin, creating the base for the jewelry to screw into.
Opting for a wedding ring piercing is not considered a smart decision by many in the piercing industry. Even the piercers who are performing these piercings and sharing them to social media are advising against them, sharing the dangers that come with this procedure.
It’s not the smartest place to get a piercing BUT it is important to have fun sometimes! 💍💅🏼💎#dermalpiercing #fingerdermal #bodypiercing #bodypiercer #piercer #bodymodifications #tattoo #fingertattoo #tattooartist #inkedgirls #piercedgirl #diamonds #blacktitanium #titanium #dermalanchor
A post shared by adda margrét (@amaggieholm) on
A wedding ring piercing may be the trend for you if you are not a traditional jewelry wearer or want to sport a some bling to the “wedding ring finger” without a wedding ring. Dermal piercings on the finger are simple yet stand out in a gorgeous, unique way.
Dermal piercings can be easily removed, however they commonly leave a scar behind. Be advised that there is danger associated with the jewelry catching on anything from a sweater to a blanket or being knocked against a hard surface, all of which could lead to tearing.
RIP .. you were well loved … maybe we will meet again 😩😩😩😂, ripped my favorite piercing out already lol. 🤷🏽♀️ ———————————————————— Pierced by: @101bradlee from @101piercing ————————————————————- Nails by Michelle from: @lv_nails_oceanside ————————————————————- Photo creds: @rachelelaceyphotography ————————————————————— #101Piercing #Encinitas #Piercings #piercing #AnchorPiercing #FingerPiercing #piercinglover #piercinglife #piercingshop #piercinggirl #piercingaddict #piercinglove #piercing #momswithpiercings #pierced #piercedgirl #piercedgirls #piercedandproud #dermal #dermals #anchor #anchorpiercing #bodypiercing #bodyjewlery
A post shared by @ fili.loveskush on
While piercers have been performing finger piercings for years, their increasing presence on social media has lead to their growing popularity.
A post shared by Centro Piercing Tattoo Leotta (@piercing_tattoo_leotta) on
Posting an update on this one(few days after it was done) I just love this piercing, it makes me smile. So far so good, not swollen not irritated not bruised, all good 👌🏽#happypiercer #fingerdermal #progress #tattoosbybritt #wildinkscarborough #wildinkstudios #juniorartist #tattooapprentice #piercingsbybritt #wildinkscarborough #wildinkstudios #piercingsbybritt
A post shared by B R I TT (@brittholdthebrat) on
Tell us, would you sport a wedding ring piercing?
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor