Wildly colorful hexagon wedding in California
Hexagons were abound at Molly and Liz’s wedding. The two celebrated their strong relationship in Costa Mesa, California with a wedding inspired by the six-sided shape known for being the strongest occurring shape in nature.
The geometric inspiration was worked in throughout the day from the couple’s wedding rings to their venue. The couple got ready and took photos in front of colorful stained glass windows. Liz and Molly were walked down the aisle, each by their parents, and exchanged vows in front of a hexagonal backdrop, After the ceremony, guests found their seats by picking up a colorful hexagon name plate.
Color was key in Liz and Molly’s beautiful day. The marriers have a home filled with vivid colors that spilled over into one of the most important days of their life. The biggest burst of color came from the confetti cannon that showered the couple after they were pronounced newlyweds and rained all over everyone at the reception.
Fashion also played a key part in creating the color palette of the day. Molly and Liz wore flower crowns in hues of orange and bright pink and carried bountiful bouquets of matching floral. The couple’s bridesmaids wore all the colors of the rainbow to create a beautiful visual as they stood on either side of Liz and Molly during the ceremony.
A vegan meal was served at the reception before guests hit the dance floor. There was even a silent disco when everyone slipped on a pair of headphones so they could hear the music of their choice as their dance partner listened to the song of their choosing based on what the different channels the DJ was offering in their headphones.
In lieu of a first dance Molly and Liz ended the night with “Fading” by Vallis Aips surrounded by their friends and family with confetti in their hair and tears in their eyes.
Photography: Third Coast Photography
Wedding venue: The Fig House
Florist: Wild Muse Floral
Planner: The Love Riot, Amber Cowell
Entertainment: Sanni of Dart Collective
Invitation: Fine Day Press
Jewelry: Derrick Cruz Studio
Videographer: Stav Levy
Officiant: Katy Storch
Confetti cannon: Artistry in Motion
Cotton candy cart: Bon Puf
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- If you’re thinking of proposing, here are 8 ways to pop the question
- Wife Swap will have its first episode featuring black gay dads
- What our editors are reading & loving on April 24, 2019
- Romantic beach engagement photos on the Oregon Coast
- 19 LGBTQ+ inclusive Texas wedding vendors save the day for two grooms rejected by bigoted venue
- LGBTQ-friendly wedding planning apps you need to try
- On the first day of same-sex marriage in Taiwan, 157 couples will wed
- Here’s everything you need to include on your wedding website
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible