Wrap It Up: 5 Cover-Ups to Keep Warm on Your Wedding Day
Summer is the most popular time for outdoor weddings as the weather is warm and nature provides a beautiful background. But what do you do when the sun doesn’t come out, or you’re in an overly air conditioned venue? Try a wrap! We’ve picked out five stylish options that will make you (and your bridal party) feel more glamour than Grandma on your big day.
This gorgeous French mohair back tie wrap is extra feminine, covering up just enough skin to keep you warm, but still showing enough for summertime. Made by FoldedRoses on Etsy, “Marcie” is $45.
This lace capelet is perfect for the bride drawing inspiration from the 70s yet doesn’t want her attendants to look like they’re attending a theme night. The Sweeping Waltz Capelet is available at Ruche for $48.99.
For most women, bolero is a bad word. This beautiful Convergence Bolero from BHLDN priced at $180 is made of silk, giving the garment a slight sheen. The volume of the sleeves makes this a beautiful cover-up, not a shrunken blazer.
LOVELY LONG SLEEVES
This lovely jacket (style LSLACE) is perfect for an evening wedding. The sleeves are long enough to keep warm, yet sheer enough to fit in at a summer wedding. Priced at $129, this lovely jacket is available at David’s Bridal.
HEAVENLY OLD HOLLYWOOD
Perfect for colder months and overly air conditioned indoor weddings, this faux fur stole will make you feel glamorous like movie star from the 30s and 40s. We also recommend faux fur—you don’t want to hurt animals for a one day affair! This beauty is $89 and available at Blue Velvet Vintage.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples