4 Creative (and Tasty!) Wedding Dessert Station Ideas
By Lucy Hough
Food bars, where guests can take an active role in how they eat, are becoming a trend for weddings. Even for meals, food stations can be effective with entrees such as pasta, nachos or even pizza. But what’s possibly more convenient is leaving the food bar for dessert. Here are some creative and ideas for food stations for desserts:
Include every type of candy that you love or that you think your guests will love. This can be customized to be super colorful or to fit the colors in your wedding.
ICE CREAM SUNDAE BAR
This is pretty self-explanatory, but try to give it your own spin to fit your wedding. Include toppings such as sprinkles and candies in your wedding color palette.
TRAIL MIX BAR
Provide peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pretzels, raisins, Craisins, banana chips, frosted Cheerios, Chex, Teddy Grahams, M&Ms, marshmallows and more for guests to mix.
Create a station where guests can create and toast their own s’mores with the traditional chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. Alternatives could include chocolate marshmallows or other flavored graham crackers.
You can allow guests to frost their cupcake with a choice of different frostings and have a variety of sprinkles and small candies to top the cupcakes with.
All of these can be mixed up and combined in one way or another. For instance, an ice cream sundae bar could easily become a milkshake bar with a little extra milk. Food stations are a great DIY, inexpensive alternative to cakes (especially when a cake-cutting fee is involved).
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding