A bold, colorful wedding with Indian traditions and outfit changes
Molly Sprayregen, 2 years ago 1 min read
Lewis and Joe’s vibrant, colorful and intimate Philadelphia wedding was Lewis’s gorgeous vision come to life. He created his own veil, as well as custom lavender vases and avatar cake toppers. The wedding also included multiple outfit changes, as well as flower garlands and traditional clothing to honor Joe’s Indian heritage. The wedding was bright, bold and filled with dancing, love, and joy.
The couple also wrote their own vows, which their event planner, Neha Joshi, says “brought tears to the eyes of all.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Planner: Neha Joshi
Photographer: Lorenzini Wedding Photography
Makeup: Cheekadee Makeup Artists
Reception Venue: Cairnwood Estate
Caterer: Sage Catering
Bakery: The Caketeria
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds