A bright and joyous California beach elopement
Molly Sprayregen, 2 years ago 1 min read
After almost four years of dating, Virginia couple Margarita and Sara said “I Do” in an intimate elopement on La Jolla Beach in San Diego, California.
As an added personal touch, the wedding date was sewn in rainbow colors into the cuff of Sara’s suit.
The sky was a radiant blue, the ocean sparkled, and as the waves crashed, the couple committed to spend their lives together.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Dream Beach Wedding
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds