A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
Nate (he/him) and Randy (he/him) married during the pandemic, scaling down their originally scheduled ceremony in favor of an intimate affair and planning a large reception party once it was safer to gather all of their family and friends. When they finally had their party a year-and-a-half later, the husbands also decided to renew their vows in front of their guests.
Since that intentional delay of their reception, Nate and Randy’s marriage has proven to be a study in patience and timing. The morning of the renewal, rainy weather threatened to force their ceremony inside, instead of on the balcony of the Fox Theatre, as planned. In the final hour before the couple was to meet each other at the end of the aisle, the clouds cleared, revealing blue skies. Nate and Randy exchanged their vows–for a second time–on the balcony without a raindrop in sight.
The reception took place in the theater’s ballroom, an elegant art deco space. The decor tied in two themes that are meaningful to Nate and Randy: Great Gatsby and winter wonderland. Gatsby-esque centerpieces and menus honored the couple’s love of the roaring 20s and paid homage to the vintage space that the party was held in, while projected snowflakes and crystal candle votives gave the space a winter feel to match the season.
Nate and Randy opted for a retro wedding cake, simple and tiered with cream frosting. After speeches from their wedding party and cutting the cake, the grooms hit the dance floor and partied as a live band played jazzy tunes.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Janet Howard Studio
Venue: The Fox Theatre
Event Planner: Soiree South & Co.
Tuxedo and Mens Attire: Hugo Boss
Band: Platinum Band Inc.
Caterer: Affairs to Remember
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or loveshoot
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)
- This gay couple had a fall wedding on a farm with a choreographed first dance, Chinese double happiness symbols and a s’mores campfire
- One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
- A sunrise engagement photoshoot for Canada brides-to-be who own a flower farm together