Angela and Meghan’s romantic double proposal happened on Christmas Eve in New York City.
The couple had already picked out their rings together, and each had been waiting for the right time to pop the question to the other. It turned out, they both planned to do it on the exact same day.
Both Angela and Meghan got down on one knee during a laughter and tear-filled stroll along Manhattan’s High Line walking path. And in the nick of time, the couple posed for pictures among twinkling Christmas lights before a heavy rain began to fall.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Megan and Kenneth
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)