Months ago my then girlfriend, Alex, of four and a half years and I decided to get a couple of friends together and do a fashion photoshoot on Mt. Lemmon in Tucson, Arizona, on Earth Day. We got all dressed up, prepped a small picnic feast, and set off for an almost all day affair! We spent the day driving, taking photos, and siteseeing before settling down at Rose Canyon Lake to eat and take our final photos. After relaxing in nature, weaving together a flower crown and enjoying the view, I went out to pose looking out to the mountain skyline when she crept up and kneeled behind me. I wasn’t expecting it right then at all! Seeing the ring on my finger every day fills me with so much joy and warmth. It’s only been a few weeks and I can’t stop scrolling through all of the wonderful photos we got together. I hope my proposal to her goes just as well; she set the bar pretty high and deserves so much! I am insanely in love!
From Lee and her fiancé, Alex
Photography: Sweep of Swallows
Location: Rose Canyon Lake on Mt Lemmon in Tucson, AZ
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 8 wedding leather jacket looks that are the perfect level of drama
- 5 effortless ways to bring sophistication to your LGBTQ+ wedding decor
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Adventure engagement photos in the mountains
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration