Melodee surprised Mary with a flash mob proposal in a Charlotte, North Carolina, bank lobby with friends and strangers who had been practicing their dance moves for months. It’s a heartwarming celebration of love, and it’s also funny since the proposee starts to film the dancing because she understandably doesn’t realize that she’s the recipient of the presentation. (Mary thought she was there to celebrate a friend’s birthday.) But then it gets even funnier because Mary starts to leave after watching for a minute or two. But luckily a friend was assigned to help her stay put and be in the prime place for receiving a marriage proposal from her partner. What makes this flash mob proposal truly special is how Mary and Melodee’s friends begin to show up, handing her flowers and then taking part in the dance too.
Proposing to your beloved should be magical and fun, no matter how you do it. We love the way Melodee proposed to Mary. Watch the video below.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Dance team: The Dance District
Videographer: Crown Alley Films
Equally Wed Editors
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)